Java Date Time Tutorials编辑教程
A collection of Java date and time examples.
1. Java Date Time APIs
In old days, we use the following classic Date and Calendar APIs to represent and manipulate date.
java.util.Date– date and time, print with default time-zone.
java.util.Calendar– date and time, more methods to manipulate date.
java.text.SimpleDateFormat– formatting (date -> text), parsing (text -> date) for date and calendar.
In Java 8, a new series of date and time APIs (JSR310 and inspired by Joda-time) are created in the new
java.time.LocalDate– date without time, no time-zone.
java.time.LocalTime– time without date, no time-zone.
java.time.LocalDateTime– date and time, no time-zone.
java.time.ZonedDateTime– date and time, with time-zone.
java.time.DateTimeFormatter– formatting (date -> text), parsing (text -> date) for java.time
java.time.Instant– date and time for machine, seconds passed since the Unix epoch time (midnight of January 1, 1970 UTC)
java.time.Duration– Measures time in seconds and nanoseconds.
java.time.Period– Measures time in years, months and days.
java.time.TemporalAdjuster– Adjust date.
Read Oracle article – Why do we need a new date and time library?
2. Java Date and Time Examples
List of the tutorials and updated with the new Java 8
- Java Date and Calendar examples
- Java – How to compare dates
- Java – How to get current date time
- Java – How to get current timestamp
- Java – How to convert String to a Date
- Java – How to calculate elapsed time
- Java 8 – How to convert String to LocalDate
- Java 8 – How to format LocalDateTime
- Java 8 – Convert Instant to LocalDateTime
- Java 8 – Convert Instant to ZoneDateTime
- Java 8 – Convert Date to LocalDate and LocalDateTime
- Java 8 – ZonedDateTime examples
- Java – Convert date and time between timezone
- Java – Display all ZoneId and its UTC offset
- Java 8 – Duration and Period examples
- Java – How to add days to current date
- Java 8 – TemporalAdjusters examples
- Java 8 – MinguoDate examples (Taiwan calendar)
- Java 8 – HijrahDate, How to calculate the Ramadan date (Islamic calendar)
- Read Oracle article – Why do we need a new date and time library?
- Joda Time
- JSR 310: Date and Time API
- SimpleDateFormat JavaDoc
- DateTimeFormatter JavaDoc
- java.util.Date JavaDoc
- java.util.Calendar JavaDoc
- Read this – Java Date vs Calendar